http://usngbjobs.teamworkonline.com/tea ... fm?i=52058
Internships: Administration/General Management
Lacrosse Magazine Intern - US Lacrosse (Baltimore, MD)
US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for a part- time Lacrosse Magazine Intern in Baltimore, Maryland starting mid to late February 2013 working 15-20 hours per week (Tues-Thurs and Sat) for college credit. If you’re looking for a dynamic atmosphere surrounded by supportive, fun and passionate co-workers, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
About US Lacrosse
US Lacrosse, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit association is the national governing body of lacrosse. The organization has nearly 400,000 individual members within 64 regional chapters throughout the country and employs a national staff of more than 75 at its Baltimore headquarters. US Lacrosse provides a leadership role in virtually every aspect of the sport throughout the United States, and offers numerous programs and services to its national membership and more than one million lacrosse enthusiasts throughout the country.
Baltimore-based Lacrosse Magazine seeks editorial interns to assist with online coverage of the 2013 spring season and in production of a monthly publication that reaches 400,000-plus members of US Lacrosse.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Write blogs, game previews, features and cover games for LaxMagazine.com.
- Assist in back-end production — such as posting scores, recaps and related links.
- Participate in and contribute to editorial staff brainstorming and budgeting meetings.
- Conduct interviews and write features for Lacrosse Magazine.
Qualified candidates should be journalism and/or communications majors looking for hands-on experience and clips in a dynamic environment. Knowledge of lacrosse preferred, as is experience working in a content management system and with social media. Please include resume and samples of published work. Candidates in the Baltimore area are preferred, but remote applicants will also be considered.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Y/N Are you a journalism or communications major?
2. Y/N Do you have experience working in a content managment system?
3. Y/N Are you familiar with the game of Lacrosse?
4. Y/N Do you have any experience conducting interviews?
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Lacrosse Magazine intern...
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest