WCLL D1 Championship: Chapman 17, Arizona State 9 FINAL

Use this forum for all LIVE game score reporting.

Postby RopeNoRope on Tue May 06, 2008 1:41 pm

From the WCLL Website:

WCLL Championships
Division 1 Championship
Chapman 17, ASU 9
Chapman's balanced scoring proved too much for ASU who were missing a few key players. The panthers were led by Marcus Wooden (4-0), Mike Clayton (3-1) and Nick Gennuso (3-1).


I looked around the WCLL site and this is the only "News" on the game I found. If you are getting bent out of shape over this two sentence description you got problems man. Not like this was on the cover of the wall street journal. No one is trying to discredit how great Chapman is this year or this win. Don't let the paranoia eat you up.

On a side note, what is the deal with the Faranellie guy. What did he do to get the boot from the coaches? Was he on the fan sideline or with the team? Is he going to be back on the team for the NC tourney?
User avatar
RopeNoRope
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:03 pm


Postby Chaplax23 on Tue May 06, 2008 2:45 pm

RopeNoRope wrote:I looked around the WCLL site and this is the only "News" on the game I found. If you are getting bent out of shape over this two sentence description you got problems man. Not like this was on the cover of the wall street journal. No one is trying to discredit how great Chapman is this year or this win. Don't let the paranoia eat you up.


Wow, tough crowd. You hit the nail on the head. Biggest game for the WCLL all year, and that is what is up there. "Team A won, but Team B was missing key players" What a balanced look at the title game. If ASU had won, would they have thought that "ASU's balanced scoring was too much for a Chapman team that was missing key players?" If you can't see the point I am making, you are really missing something. To think ASU players would be happy with their league (not the message boards, but the official blurb on the championship) summing up their team effort in the biggest game of the year for the WCLL with "missing key players" is ridiculous. It discredits ASU just as much as it does Chapman. Is it too much to ask the governing body of our league to be a little less biased?

As for our player that was out, that is only the business of the team. We are excited to have him back in full force in dallas. I truly hope Tyler makes a quick recovery as well, because he is a great player. No idea who the other "key players" that were missing are exactly, but he is certainly solid.
Rick Sheinin
Chapman Assistant Head Coach
User avatar
Chaplax23
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:36 pm

Postby SDSULAX on Tue May 06, 2008 2:49 pm

This is how it is supposed to work, when you log in and input your game statistics, which I see has already been done, you have an area to input your game report which is currently not filled out. When both your team and the opposing teams fill out a game report, that is what the public is able to view. It is your chance to say what happened. Absent that input from both coaches, someone posted what they knew on the WCLL website, the fans want to know what happened, something is better than nothing if you were not there. Rather than being upset, why doesn't the responsible person go back, log on and input your game report? After all it is a MCLA requirement.
Craig Miller
General Manager San Diego State University Men's Lacrosse
Vice President WCLL
Director MCLA
Moderator WCLL Forum
User avatar
SDSULAX
Premium
Premium
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:10 pm
Location: San Diego, California

Postby Chaplax23 on Tue May 06, 2008 2:59 pm

:D
Last edited by Chaplax23 on Tue May 06, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Sheinin
Chapman Assistant Head Coach
User avatar
Chaplax23
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:36 pm

Postby Mr. Jefferson on Tue May 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Chaplax23 wrote:
SDSULAX wrote:This is how it is supposed to work, when you log in and input your game statistics, which I see has already been done, you have an area to input your game report which is currently not filled out. When both your team and the opposing teams fill out a game report, that is what the public is able to view. It is your chance to say what happened. Absent that input from both coaches, someone posted what they knew on the WCLL website, the fans want to know what happened, something is better than nothing if you were not there. Rather than being upset, why doesn't the responsible person go back, log on and input your game report? After all it is a MCLA requirement.


For some reason I thought if the WCLL put something out on their biggest game of the year that it would be done fairly for both teams. This has nothing to do with how the teams report on the games, it is how THE LEAGUE DOES IT ON THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ON THE MAIN PAGE OF THEIR SITE. The tournament was run very well, everything was great, so I thought at the very least that would happen.

Promise, this is the last post, because it is hard to spell this out any clearer. I think my point is proven when someone from the WCLL sees nothing wrong with this. How about for next year it can be "Team A's balanced scoring was too much for Team B, who played with their shoes untied"


Wow, this reads to an outsider as, "we are really good, please give us all the credit for being so good"

Really, does it matter that much??? You guys won a great game, congrats. Any sports reporter from Fox Sports, to ESPN would note that special player was out. Imagine if the Cowboys lost the NFC championship game without TO - you dont think Stu Scott would mention it????? Its called being a journalist. I wouldnt take offense to it - and Im sure the league's comment wasnt intended to be biased or trying to play down your W.
User avatar
Mr. Jefferson
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow....

Postby GrizLens on Tue May 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Seriously? I can't believe this is an ongoing issue.
Will Moss
CollegeLAX.us Photo Editor
GrizLAX.com Founder
User avatar
GrizLens
Intercoastal Bass Champion
Intercoastal Bass Champion
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Montana's Scenic Bitterroot Valley

Postby JerkStore on Tue May 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Chaplax23 wrote: Wha! Wha! Cry! Cry!


Doesn't your team have more important things to worry about?
User avatar
JerkStore
Water Boy
Water Boy
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:41 pm

Postby UkraineNotWeak on Tue May 06, 2008 4:45 pm

This is a huge scandal! We need damage control!
"Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech."
UkraineNotWeak
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Postby scoot88 on Tue May 06, 2008 10:55 pm

RopeNoRope wrote:From the WCLL Website:

WCLL Championships
Division 1 Championship
Chapman 17, ASU 9
Chapman's balanced scoring proved too much for ASU who were missing a few key players. The panthers were led by Marcus Wooden (4-0), Mike Clayton (3-1) and Nick Gennuso (3-1).


I looked around the WCLL site and this is the only "News" on the game I found. If you are getting bent out of shape over this two sentence description you got problems man. Not like this was on the cover of the wall street journal. No one is trying to discredit how great Chapman is this year or this win. Don't let the paranoia eat you up.

On a side note, what is the deal with the Faranellie guy. What did he do to get the boot from the coaches? Was he on the fan sideline or with the team? Is he going to be back on the team for the NC tourney?


Perhaps the point is that the poorly written two sentence blurb was the only news on the entire WCLL website???

Farinelli was with his team. Geez, the poor guy probably had a fever or the flu or something.
User avatar
scoot88
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:15 pm
Location: socal

Postby Maple Leaf on Wed May 07, 2008 12:11 am

UkraineNotWeak wrote:We need damage control!


looks like that is well underway

scoot88 wrote:Farinelli was with his team. Geez, the poor guy probably had a fever or the flu or something.
User avatar
Maple Leaf
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: So Cal

Previous

Return to Live Action Game Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


cron