POST SEASON POLL

Discuss the latest MCLA or NCAA Polls here.

Postby Jolly Roger on Thu May 24, 2007 11:49 am

Sonny wrote:The wait staff at BoneDaddy's, while very easy on the eyes, doesn't really apply because they are up close and personal. You don't need 10" numbers on them to properly identify them.


Large numbers might end up appearing a little "bumpy" in this application as well. :twisted:
ARRRRG!!!!!! Everyone enjoys a good Rogering!
User avatar
Jolly Roger
Pirate Supreme
Pirate Supreme
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:07 pm
Location: Your worst maritime nightmares


Postby UofMLaxGoalie11 on Thu May 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Sonny wrote:The wait staff at BoneDaddy's, while very easy on the eyes, doesn't really apply because they are up close and personal. You don't need 10" numbers on them to properly identify them.

You do need larger numbers to see Coffman driving to the hoop with the ball in his stick. :)

If BoneDaddy's is doing a good job, you might get blurry vision by the end of the night. Big numbers might be a good idea so you dont start mumbling to someone that never even got you a water.
Dan Reeves
University of Minnesota
User avatar
UofMLaxGoalie11
Premium
Premium
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:38 pm

Postby jmaxwell2 on Thu May 24, 2007 8:50 pm

Theflow wrote:
jmaxwell2 wrote:
KnoxVegas wrote:
CATLAX MAN wrote:Here is the only post-season poll that has any real meaning:

#1 - BYU
#2-187 (Tie) Everyone else.

Here's to a great season and see you next year!


The message board equivalent of a walk off homerun!

Theflow wrote:Hard to figure out who was more overrated this year, Sonoma or Michigan. Maybe it is best for them we don't have a final poll anymore...


Anonymous cheap shot. How quaint.


I agree. No class.


Sorry, didn't know how to put it better. Sonoma was in the top 10 all year with wins against #19 teams or higher. They showed in the WCLL semis and in the tournament that they were overrated. Michigan was not a heck of a lot better, coming in ranked very high from a "so-so" season. Always a lot of talk around Michigan, but not much bite this year. It always seems to be that no matter how those two teams play, it is hard to move them too far back in the polls. If that is going to be the case, they shouldn't feel bad when they get slammed a bit in the polls for not living up to their rankings. As is life... :D


UMD was ranked 6th and Sonoma was ranked 11th. UMD won by 3 goals, which I believe most people expected. UMD played Oregon and did very well against them. Based on that UMD was a very good team. But how do you move Sonoma so low in the poll or is it the fact that you are basing the ranking on the consolation games, which Sonoma played to win with their starting goalie playing as attach and as a mid-fielder. Sonoma played to win, but consolation games are meaningless in polls.
jmaxwell2
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: San Diego

Postby Theflow on Thu May 24, 2007 9:31 pm

jmaxwell2 wrote:
UMD was ranked 6th and Sonoma was ranked 11th. UMD won by 3 goals, which I believe most people expected. UMD played Oregon and did very well against them. Based on that UMD was a very good team. But how do you move Sonoma so low in the poll or is it the fact that you are basing the ranking on the consolation games, which Sonoma played to win with their starting goalie playing as attach and as a mid-fielder. Sonoma played to win, but consolation games are meaningless in polls.


Sonoma should not be in the top 10 based on Sonoma not beating a team in the top 18 this year. I thought usually you had to do that to be in the top 10.
“Facts are many, but the truth is one.”
Theflow
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:14 pm
Location: In Limbo

Postby jmaxwell2 on Thu May 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Theflow wrote:
jmaxwell2 wrote:
UMD was ranked 6th and Sonoma was ranked 11th. UMD won by 3 goals, which I believe most people expected. UMD played Oregon and did very well against them. Based on that UMD was a very good team. But how do you move Sonoma so low in the poll or is it the fact that you are basing the ranking on the consolation games, which Sonoma played to win with their starting goalie playing as attach and as a mid-fielder. Sonoma played to win, but consolation games are meaningless in polls.


Sonoma should not be in the top 10 based on Sonoma not beating a team in the top 18 this year. I thought usually you had to do that to be in the top 10.


Last official poll ranked Sonoma 11. How do you now support ranking them 16th.
jmaxwell2
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: San Diego

good enough for them good enough for MCLA

Postby Huskies16 on Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Post season poll released for DI... why not MCLA. Next year this should be rethought.

While a team like Delaware didn't win, don't tell me they aren't psyched to be where they are in that poll.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/page.cfm? ... &id=165921
Huskies16
Water Boy
Water Boy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:51 pm

Postby OAKS on Wed May 30, 2007 1:32 pm

Is this just a media poll, and not an official coach's poll that they would use during the season?
Will Oakley
Assistant Coach, Glen Allen High School
User avatar
OAKS
Bumblebee Tuna!
Bumblebee Tuna!
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:57 am

Previous

Return to Polls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


cron